Sunday, November 2, 2008

My icky wound...

So, I must share with you all my pain I am suffering! I am sure my dear sweet loving husband will read this and shake his head at his crazy wife but oh well.... he married me! :) The story begins about ten days ago, I noticed that I have this crazy little "bite" I will call it, right above my ankle. It began to itch and I thought what a dumb and crazy time to get a mesquito bite, they should all be dead... But low and behold I have some form of a bite. Now to update you a little on my life a good friend and I have been leading a small group at our church about being the Proverbs 31 wife. (I will definately blog more on this Bible study later) In this Bible study the Lord has opened my eyes and has challenged me to the inth degree. One of the areas I have felt a strong conviction in is my health.... I need to become a healther wife and mother, feeding my family healthy, nutritious food AND I need to display a desire to exercise and become active. I have prayed and prayed for a friend to help me thru this and low and behold the Lord does provide time and time again. A good friend leads Jazzercise and she has asked me to go and so about two weeks ago, I drug my unhappy (trying to be happy) butt out of bed at 5:30 to go and exercise. I did and enjoyed every minute of it (not always but I am trusting that if I am faithful to what the Lord asks me to do, He will be faithful to me and continue to give me a push) and I am now a member of Jazzercise. With this change in my life it has challenged my family and each night we have parked my car at work, came home in the husbands car, ate dinner, slipped on our shoes and walked to work to get my car. This may seem crazy to some of you, but it works and it is a start and one that I am excited about..... UNTIL....... back to the "bite" the devil stabbed me with.... Wouldnt you know about one and a half weeks into this new exerciese program, this stupid, dumb, frustrating, ridiculous and irritating "bite" grew.... and grew... and grew... I have been to the doctor FOUR times in less than FIVE days.... I have been told to "keep it up"..... Wednesday the doctor just gave me some meds and said no exercise, keep off it and it will be better by Monday. I found myself back in the doctors office Friday with this HUGE sore on my leg, not just sore but entirely painful (I coudl barely walk). Very much against my desire, my husband squeezed my hand, the nurse held my leg down and the doctor took a stab at it...... I SCREAMEEEEEED! He proceeded to drain it, clean it and pack it!!! Dont EVER EVER EVER have this done..... I would rather birth five babies consecutively than ever do that again! I went home and took drugs, lots of drugs and went to bed. By Saturday night my leg was HUGE, even bigger and even redder. We almost went to the ER but spoke with a doctor friend and he suggusted keeping off it still, prop it up all night and with no fever stay home and wait until first thing Sunday morning. So..... today is Sunday and I made yet another trip to the doctor..... I begged with God last night to just touch and heal my leg because I could NOT bare another stab Sunday morning. My God answers prayers!!! This morning the doctor pulled out the packing (OUCH) and said stay off it, let it drain and see the doctor Monday afternoon. The devil has tried to steal my plan of becoming a healthy wife and mother, but he will NOT! I will heal and I will return to my exercise program just as soon as I can! The Lord is FAITHFUL! I do have a staph infection and we are still unsure if it ever was a bite....

2 comments:

J said...

Hahaha. I love this post. Mostly because it's the kind of thing I deal with everyday. 8+) I sure miss you guys! Did you get my message the other day? We definitely need to have a heart to heart soon. It's been FAR too long. I need to catch up on how your little family is doing! Hopefully we can connect next weekend. I have a couple of big tests this week and because of the time difference (three hours) it's hard to call unless it's on the weekends. Anyway, much love!

amador and lisa said...

This weekend should work. Sunday would be the best day to catch up. I have a church retreat Friday and Saturday! I miss you tons and hope you are doing well!! Hannah is having a really really hard time at school right now, I would appreciate an extra prayer for her right now. It's tough to be a kid in this nasty world! Anyways, catch up soon... Lots of love, Me